Call for Volunteers
2018 Volunteer Schedule & Signup
SJFF has a variety of volunteer positions available during the festival and year-round, including: office support, special event help, theater ushers, pass checkers, ballot counters, shleppers (with cars), etc.
Volunteering has "Reel" Benefits!
- Receive a film voucher for every 2-3 hours of your time.
- Meet people.
- Be part of the team, making SJFF a success.
- Have a great time!
Sign up is easy:
- Returning Volunteers? Visit the SJCC website and log in to view current opportunities for SJFF.
- Once you have connected, she will send you an online link to our volunteer application and instructions for signing up.
- Signup for and manage your volunteer schedule online.
- About Volgistics – Online Volunteer Software
- It's quick, immediate and easy to sign up online through this online scheduling program. Just view the schedule and sign up. You can also make changes, receive reminders, build and check your own volunteer schedule easily. The Volgistics will also send you reminders or notices through it. We love it!
Volunteer coordinator will send you an information packet. Read the guidelines prior to volunteering. For volunteer shifts at SIFF Uptown only, we offer a parking voucher available for use in specific lots at specific times.
Rewards & Policies
Vouchers: During the festival, for every shift (@1 1/2 to 2 hrs), you will receive a single-admission volunteer voucher to be exchanged at the SJFF box office for a general admission ticket, good for most films. Vouchers are good for the current festival only, and cannot be combined for higher priced special events tickets.
Viewing Films: Please do not sign up for a volunteer shift if you wish to see the film during your shift, as there is overlap. Most shifts begin an hour prior to showtime and end a half hour to an hour into the film. If able, we will release volunteers but it should neither be expected nor is it guaranteed.