Cultural Arts Program Coordinator
Submission Deadline: October 25, 2013
Position Summary: The Cultural Arts Program Coordinator administratively supports and helps coordinate the strategic vision, outreach and marketing plan and curatorial vision of the Stroum Jewish Community Center for the annual Seattle Jewish Film Festival, and SJCC’s year-round music, dance, film, theatre and multidisciplinary cultural and visual arts programs, including temporary art exhibitions.
Job Description: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position will research, solicit, and coordinate potential films, performing and visual artists, and venues for the Seattle Jewish Film Festival and SJCC Cultural Arts Program.
- The Cultural Arts Coordinator will maintain artist and film databases; manage communications with filmmakers, distributors, artists etc.; and maintain the archives.
- The Cultural Arts Coordinator will manage online submissions, respond to inquiries, coordinate guest artist hospitality, facilitate screening and cultural arts committees, and contribute to audience development and outreach efforts, including media relations, email blasts, and social media.
- Office administration work may include answering phones, organizing and planning, coordinating mailings, drafting communications, guiding contract staff, interns and volunteers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned; attend staff meetings and some evening and weekend work required.
Schedule: This is a p/t year-round position whose time commitments will vary—ideally 10 hours a week from June to August, and 30 hours a week for the rest of the year.
- Excellent technical and analytical written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and multi-task under deadline pressures
- Ability to work with (and learn from) diverse ethnic communities and individual personalities
- Enjoy working with the public
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, Jewish/Israeli cinema, the film industry and Hebrew language helpful
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- Familiarity with (or willingness to learn) Adobe Photoshop, Constant Contact, film editing software, social media and website back-end tools a plus.